Returning to a flood-damaged home or building?
Be alert for leaking containers and household chemicals, such as caustic drain cleaners and chlorine bleach.
- Keep children and pets away from leaking or spilled chemicals.
- Don’t combine chemicals to avoid dangerous or violent reactions.
- Don’t dump chemicals down storm sewers, drains or toilets.
- Don’t burn household chemicals.
- Mark and set aside unbroken containers until they can be properly disposed of. To prevent leakage, broken or damaged containers should be placed in a secondary container and marked and labeled for easy identification.
From the NH Department of Environmental Services.