Attend the Largest Drinking Water Protection Workshop in New England
Workshop Tuesday, May 10, 2011 in Concord, NH
Concord, NH – Mark your calendars and register to attend the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Service’s (DES) 2011 Drinking Water Source Protection Workshop on Tuesday, May 10th from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Grappone Conference Center, 70 Constitutional Avenue, Concord, New Hampshire. The event will feature policymakers, scientists, water supply managers and local officials who will present their work and views on a range of topics that involve emerging contaminants, forests and their role in protecting drinking water, managing seasonal water demands and case studies that include “how to” details to successfully implement community-based source water protections.
Once again, DES is partnering with the American Ground Water Trust to organize and promote this event. The full workshop agenda and registration is available at the Trust’s website: www.agwt.org/workshops.htm (scroll down). Workshop sessions include the following topics:
- National trends on emerging contaminants and the implications for New Hampshire.
- Connecting forest conservation and drinking water supply protection.
- Developing economic incentives for water resource protection.
- Understanding how human activities increase nitrogen and sodium chloride concentrations in surface and groundwater.
- Better information to manage seasonal changes in water demand
- Economic analysis of low impact development (LID) stormwater techniques
- Examples of low-tech, low-cost stormwater BMPs that are improving water quality
- Planning and zoning efforts to protect drinking water resources (case studies)
The cost to attend is $40 and includes lunch and refreshments. Additionally, continuing education credits for New Hampshire Water Works Operators and American Planning Association are being sought by conference organizers. Be sure to register early as the workshop typically fills up quickly!
The registration page includes exhibitor and sponsorship information if you would like to have an exhibit table or be a sponsor of this event.
For more information contact Pierce Rigrod at (603) 271-0688 or email@example.com with questions.
# # #