The first tier in the Environmental Leadership Initiative – Aspiring Leaders – is for anyone, but especially for small businesses and other organizations like municipal agencies, that want to do better but may need some help and encouragement to get there.
Organizations may become members of Aspiring Leaders if, to the best of their knowledge, they do not have any current unresolved environmental, health or safety administrative or criminal enforcement actions against them.
The applicant must commit to:
- Moving toward compliance in the environmental arena.
- Moving toward sustainability.
- Cutting their costs through pollution prevention.
- Implementing a number (three for large businesses, two for SBA-eligible small businesses, one for organizations with ten or fewer employees) of projects or best management practices approved by DES.
- Reporting in writing to DES on the results of implementing those projects or BMPs.
See the links below for more information and an application form.
- Application Form
- Description of Program
- Members List – Updated January 2013
- Project Reporting Guidance
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Word format. Download a free viewer from Microsoft.