Pollution prevention (P2) reduces or eliminates waste created at the source, avoiding the generation of a waste. P2 protects the environment by reducing the risk of toxic releases and, at the same time, saves New Hampshire companies and organizations money by avoiding waste handing, disposal and treatment costs.
P2 benefits New Hampshire businesses and organizations by:
- Saving money in costs related to materials, operations, and pollution, or waste treatment and disposal;
- Using raw materials, staff resources, equipment, energy and water more efficiently;
- Improving worker health and safety by improving air quality, decreasing the use of toxic substances, thereby decreasing personnel protective equipment requirements;
- Decreasing regulatory requirements by eliminating the need for permits, hazardous waste manifests, monitoring and reporting; and
- Improving community relations, company image and customer loyalty.