Would your company like to…
- Improve worker safety?
- Increase profits?
- Reduce regulatory burden?
- Prevent waste and pollution?
UNH Students Prove Pollution Prevention is Good Business
P2 Internship Costs
This program is a paid internship. The cost covers an intern-training program at UNH, a stipend for the ten-week placement, intern support activities, and UNH/DES support during the project period. Intern sharing is also possible. Here is a quote from a participating business touting the benefits the program: "The fresh technical capabilities in a flexible individual allow for almost immediate involvement in a project that benefits both parties. The intern gets to employ skills and develop a comfort level while applying them as the facility gets a fresh perspective." Joseph M. Webb, Teledyne HALCO.
Past and Present P2 Projects
- Metal removal using electrowinning
- Mercury device inventory
- Lean electroplating
- Acetone reduction
- Mercury waste segregation in hospitals and dentist offices
- Air emissions reduction
- Dust and scrap recycling
- Water use reduction
- Development of environmental management systems
- Silver reclamation
- Energy efficiency
- Collect, separate & recycle the waste thermal spray powders
- Identification of green house gas reduction projects and energy savings
- Assessed solid waste management programs to reduce costs and environmental impacts
- Metal finishing industries assessment
- Electroplating copper process equipment maintenance
- Reduction of hazardous waste in fluid ink manufacturing
Pollution Prevention Interns’ Projects from 2006 – 2012:
Contact Us (Complete List)
- NHDES Pollution Prevention Program
29 Hazen Drive; PO Box 95
Concord, NH 03302-0095
In State: (800) 273-9469
(603) 271-2867 (fax)
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.