New Hampshire Geologic Survey publications include bulletins, bulletins with maps, maps, fact sheets, subject reports and CDs. Fact sheets are listed separately. All other publications can be found using one of two methods below.
- By Category. In the “Complete List of Geologic Publications” look under the category of interest and choose the publication needed. For example, if you are looking for a bedrock map of Hillsboro, look under the “Bedrock Geology” category and look for Hillsboro in bold, i.e., look for Geo-045-062500-BMAP: Nielson, D.L., 1981, Geologic Map and Structure Sections of the Hillsboro quadrangle, New Hampshire: color, scale 1:62,500.
- By Quad Tile Number.. Using the 7.5-minute Quad Tile or 15-minute Quad Tile index maps, find the map tile number that covers the area you are interested in. For example, if the area of Hillsboro you are looking for falls within 15-minute map tile # 44, you may want publication and map number Geo-044-062500-BBBM: Heald, M.T., 1950, Geology of the Lovewell Mountain quadrangle, New Hampshire: 29 p. with illus. and map.
- By Index Map. Use the New Hampshire Surficial Geology Mapping Index to find the status of surficial mapping to date. Refer to the lists of quad tile numbers in the left margin of that index map, to find the map number for the map of that quadrangle.
To order hard copies of any of these publications, please contact the NH Department of Environmental Services Public Information Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org; NHDES- PIC, PO Box 95, Concord, NH 03302-0095; (603) 271-8876.
- Complete List of Geologic Publications
- Fact Sheets
- Geology of NH Series
- Generalized Bedrock Geologic Map of New Hampshire
- Simplified Bedrock Geologic Map of New Hampshire
- Madison Boulder Natural Area brochure
- The Geology of Star Island
- The Geology of The Chesterfield Gorge Natural Area
Publications dated prior to January, 1986 were released by the NH Department of Resources and Economic Development, or its precursor agencies; those since by the NH Department of Environmental Services. Relevant open-file reports released by the US Geological Survey are cataloged herein. USGS-released open file reports are also available through the following source: Books and Open-File Reports Section; US Geological Survey; Box 25 425, Federal Center; Denver, CO 80225; (303) 236-7476.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.