The New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services, Air Resources Division (DES) has made its final decision relative to the Title V Operating Permit for Public Service of New Hampshire (PSNH) – Merrimack Station located at 97 River Road in Bow, New Hampshire. In accordance with the New Hampshire Code of Administrative Rules Env-A 100 et seq., New Hampshire Rules Governing the Control of Air Pollution, DES has prepared and issued a final Title V Operating Permit for this facility on September 7, 2011.
The Proposed Title V Operating Permit was submitted to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region I (EPA) for review. EPA had 45 days, beginning July 21, 2011 in which to object to the issuance of the proposed permit. EPA submitted comments on the Proposed Title V Permit to DES on August 11, 2011. DES responded to the EPA comments via letter on August 23, 2011. The DES letter notified EPA that it would incorporate all of their comments detailed in the August 11 letter. DES received a letter from EPA on September 6, 2011 (the final day of the 45-day EPA review period) stating that they did not object to the issuance of the permit. Therefore, DES is issuing the final Title V Operating Permit, which will be identical to the Proposed Title V Operating Permit with the exception of those areas where DES incorporated the EPA comments.
The period for a citizen's petition shall expire on November 7, 2011. Citizen's petitions are to be filed with the EPA Administrator; copies of the petition should also be provided to the applicant, DES, and EPA Region 1.
For your convenience, DES has posted all related documents including the public notice, permit application, supplemental information submitted by PSNH-Merrimack Station in support of the application, the engineering summary in support of the proposed permit, and the final Title V Operating Permit below.
If you have any questions regarding the Proposed Title V Operating Permit, please contact Gary Milbury of the Air Resources Division, Permitting & Environmental Health Bureau by calling (603) 271-2630 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All documents have been saved in Adobe Acrobat Reader format.
- Cover Letter to PSNH - Final Title V Operating Permit (September 2011)
- Final Title V Operating Permit (September 2011)
- DES Response to EPA Comments - Proposed Title V Permit (August 2011)
- EPA Comments on Proposed Title V Permit (August 2011)
- Proposed Title V Cover Letter (March 2010)
- Proposed Title V Permit (March 2010)
- Findings of Fact and Director’s Decision (March 2010)
- Revised Engineering Summary (March 2010)
- Request for Extension of the Comment Period and DES Response (October 2009)
- Coal Dust Modeling and DES Review (August 2009)
- Sierra Club Request and Associated Letters (August 2009)
- Draft Title V Cover Letter
- Draft Title V Operating Permit
- Engineering Summary
- Emission Calculations
- Title V application
- Additional Title V Application Info (May 2009)
- Letter noting timely and complete application
- Supplemental information to Title V application
- Recent letter requesting additional information
- Current permits
- CO2 Registration Form
- PSNH Request for Extension
- DES Response to Request for Extension
- Additional Title V Application Info (July 2009)
- Updated Insignificant Activities Submittal
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.