Get Help Now!
- Acronym List – Understand the lingo…
- Disposal/Recycling Vendors and Testing Laboratories
- Get help if you are having a hard time finding the right person to speak to?
- Hazardous Waste Transporter Information
- Working with your municipality-household wastes
- Had a spill? Your next steps on what to do if you have had a hazardous material spill.
How do I know if my wastes are hazardous?
It can be confusing. However, click on our links below to get some help.
What rules do I have to follow as a small quantity generator?
- Hazardous Waste Small Quantity Generator Requirements in NH
- New Hampshire's Hazardous Waste Rules, Env-Hw 100-1000
What information does the Department have on my hazardous waste activities?
- Go to our "One Stop" program and you can obtain information on our records of your notification status and your manifest history.
- If you would like to make changes, visit our Reporting and Information Section and easily download the forms.
Industry Specific Information for Pollution Prevention
Save money by not creating wastes in the first place!
- Businesses in general
- Dry Cleaners
- Educational programs
- Wood Finishing
Links to help you reduce your wastes and save money
- EPA Web Page for Small Quantity Generators – Lots of good waste management information. Just remember that NH defines a small quantity generator more stringently than the federal government. (Federal CESQG is a NH SQG. NH does not have any conditionally exempt hazardous waste generators.)
- NH Waste Cap Program – A great organizations for networking with fellow businesses.
- Pollution Prevention Program – Reduce your wastes, save money, lessen liability, end of story.
- Reporting & Information Management (manifests and quarterly fees) – This group manages your manifests, quarterly fees and notification forms.
- Small Business Technical Assistance Program – A DES program specifically targeting small businesses. Good sector by sector information (dry cleaning, printing, etc…)
- Solid Waste Compliance Assurance Section - Not everything you generate is hazardous. Find out how to get rid of trash, start recycling programs, or find a solid waste vendor.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.