Types of Spill to Report
The following type of spills are managed by the SRCIS
- Petroleum spills to the ground or surface water
- Hazardous materials spill to the ground or surface water
- Toxic air releases
How to Report a Spill
First: Contact your local 911 responder or fire department
Second: Call the DES Spill Response and Complaint Investigation Section.
Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm
Weekends and Evenings
(603) 223-4381, State Police
Required Information When Reporting a Spill
- Your name and phone number
- The name, address and phone number of the person or party you believe is responsible
- Substance and amount spill (if known)
- Date and time of spill (or observed)
- Cause of the spill (if known)
For chemical or oil spills that impact surface water, contact the National Response Center at (800) 424-8802.
Microsoft Word format. Download a free viewer from Microsoft.