DES may issue a boil water advisory to a water system in order to protect public health. The notice generally advises that all water that is used for consumption should be brought to and kept at a vigorous boil for not less than two minutes. Such advisories may be issued for the following reasons:
- Detection of E. coli bacteria
- Lapse in distribution system integrity
- Failure of treatment process
- Suspicion of other water-borne pathogens
For Additional Information
Please contact the Drinking Water and Groundwater Bureau at (603) 271-2513.
Public Notice Templates
- Boil Water Advisories (Fact Sheet WD-DWGB-4-8)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Boil Orders (Fact Sheet WD-DWGB-4-12)
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Word format. Download a free viewer from Microsoft.