Are you among the more than 420,000 New Hampshire residents who get their drinking water from a private well? Like furnaces, cars, and people, private wells need routine checkups and the spring is a perfect time to do them.
Here are some suggestions and resources for conducting a thorough check-up:
- View a list of accredited laboratories in New Hampshire that offer private well testing.
- Visit our private well testing Web site.
Inspect the condition of the well and keep hazardous materials away from your well to prevent contamination.
- View our recommended checklist of what to look for.
- Search for a licensed water well-contractor in our database.
- To learn more about groundwater protection in New Hampshire, visit the Drinking Water Source Protection Program Web site.
- To learn more about well constructions regulations and licensed water well contractors, visit the NH Water Well Board Web site.
- Learn more about National Groundwater Awareness Week.
- US Environmental Protection Agency’s Ground Water Web site.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.