In New Hampshire, the Department of Education has developed curriculum frameworks for Science, English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Social Studies. These frameworks include curriculum standards that refer to specific knowledge, understanding, and skills that every student should know and be able to demonstrate upon graduation from a public high school in New Hampshire. Throughout the state, school districts are revising their current curricula and evaluating the effectiveness of their classroom materials to address the standards.
New Hampshire's curriculum standards for Science, English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Social Studies have undergone substantial change in response to the federal No Child Left Behind Act. NH Project WET completed the correlations for the Science and English Language Arts frameworks in the falls of 2006 and 2007. In 2008, correlations were made to the Mathematics frameworks. The Social Studies frameworks correlations are currently being completed.
The documents at the bottom of this page offer three different views for the correlations. Educators can use these documents to look at:
- An alphabetical listing of Project WET activities and the state standards that meet each activity.
- A list of the state standards and the Project WET activities that meet each standard.
- A chart that summarizes the correlation of Project WET activities to each state standard.
With this information, educators can easily identify appropriate Project WET activities for their lesson plans and address selected state standards more completely.
All documents have been saved in Adobe Acrobat Reader format.
- Project WET and NH English Language Arts: This is the complete document of correlations to the NH English Language Arts curriculum frameworks, including the following three documents.
- Project WET and NH Science Literacy: This is the complete document of correlations to the NH Science curriculum frameworks, including the following three documents.
- Project WET and NH Mathematics: This is the complete document of correlations to the NH Mathematics curriculum frameworks, including the following three documents.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.