The heart of Project WET is the Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide, a 500+ page collection of more than 90 fun, innovative, water-related educational activities designed to supplement an educator's existing curriculum. Project WET materials were developed and field- tested by over 600 educators and resource managers working with more than 34,000 students nationwide. The materials are hands-on, fun to do, easy to use, and meet the needs of many different teaching and learning styles.
People's relationships to water are a major theme of the activity guide which also addresses
- Water's chemical and physical properties.
- Aquatic habitats and systems.
- Quantity and quality issues.
- Water management strategies.
- Water's social and cultural constructs.
The guide is organized in a manner that makes it as user-friendly as possible. It features
- Background information for each activity.
- Comprehensive planning and cross-reference charts.
- "Charting the Course" section that links activities together.
- Activity icons for quick connections to water concepts.