DES’s Consolidated List of Water Bodies was prepared to provide a list of all water bodies jurisdictional under RSA 483-B, the Shoreland Water Quality Protection Act. These waterbodies include:
- Fourth order and greater streams and rivers.
- Rivers or river segments designated under RSA 483, the Rivers Management and Protection Program.
- Lakes and ponds greater than 10 acres in size.
- Tidal waters subject to the ebb and flow of the tide.
Jurisdictional water bodies are listed by town alphabetically. River and stream information is within the left columns and lake and pond information, including surface elevations for determining reference lines, is within the right columns. Tidal waters will be added to the Consolidated List as additional information becomes available.
The Consolidated List was compiled from the following sources:
- New Hampshire Hydrography Dataset: Fourth Order and Higher Streams List archived by GRANIT at the University of New Hampshire.
- Designated Rivers List compiled by the DES Rivers Management and Protection Program.
- DES Official List of Public Waters and records archived by the DES Dam Bureau.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.