The Permit By Notification (PBN) is a streamlined permitting process for certain minimum impact projects that propose impacts to resources protected under the Dredge and Fill Law, RSA 482-A. The rules and process identify certain projects in wetlands or surface waters or other protected resources areas that are minimum impact, if carried out according to the requirements in the rules. The intent of the permit by notification is to save the applicants the time of waiting fo ra paper permit, while protecting the environment and providing standards under which the minimum impact work must be accomplished.
Anyone who proposes work that qualifies for the permit by notification process is required to complete the Permit By Notification Form (with attachments) and submit it to the DES Wetlands Bureau through the municipal clerk.
- Permit by Notification Form
- Confirmation of PBN Project Completion Form
- PBN Erosion Prevention and Sedimentation Control Practices Guide
Project Specific Criteria Documents:
1. Freshwater Seasonal Dock
2. Retaining Wall Repair and Replacement
3. Maintenance Dredge
4. Temporary Cofferdams
5. Docking Structure Repair
6. Dry Hydrant
7. Maintenance of a Non-Docking Structure
8. Culvert/Bridge Replacement
9. Beach Replenishment
10. Seasonal Dock Anchoring Pad
12. Watercraft Lift
13. Residential Utilities
14. Temporary impacts associated with the inspection, maintenance and repair of existing utility lines within an existing utility right of way use the Utility Maintenance Notification
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Word format. Download a free viewer from Microsoft.