Funding for Pumpout and Dump Stations - Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Funding
The New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services receives grants from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service under the provisions of the Clean Vessel Act (CVA). These grants have been used to implement an operation and maintenance reimbursement program in NH since 2006. The Applicant will be eligible for reimbursement of up to 75 percent of total O&M expenses for the pumpout station minus income from pumpout fees, up to a maximum reimbursement of $1,500.
Activities that are eligible for reimbursement are limited to:
- $350 for keeping and submitting pumpout station usage logs and written records of pumpout fees collected.
- Time that paid marina staff spend maintaining and/or operating the pumpout facility. Marinas that use volunteer/unpaid staff are not eligible to claim this expense.
- Payments to licensed plumbers and/or electricians for service to the pumpout station.
- Purchase of pumpout station replacement parts and equipment.
- Payments to licensed septage haulers for removal of holding tank wastes pertaining only to the pumpout station.
- Pumpout station winterization.
- Pumpout station municipal sewer connection fees.
Please see the CVA O&M specifications (PDF file below) for further details on eligible reimbursement activities and terms of agreement. No reimbursement requests will be processed without an approved O&M grant agreement on file at the Department of Environmental Services.
To apply, please fill out the application using the NH Online Forms website https://forms.nh.gov/onlineforms. To submit online, you must first register and then use the Form Finder to navigate to the application titled Boat Sewage Pumpout Station Funding - Application for Operation and Maintenance. To download a mail-in form, navigate to the application and click on the button “Download mail-in form.” You do not need to register in order to download a form. Further information will be requested once initial approval is granted. Final approval is contingent upon available funds.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.